- Amount the buyer can borrow decreases as interest rates rise
- Looking at "Right" homes - price, size, amenities, location
- Find the best loan - rate, term, type
- Uncover credit issues early - time to cure possible problems
- Bargaining power - price, terms, & timing
- Close quicker - verifications have been made
Even if you have been pre-approved, a suggestion that can't hurt but may help is to get a second opinion from a different lender. It will either verify that you have a good deal or you’ll discover that you can improve it. Either way, it works to your advantage. Contact me if you'd like a recommendation.