|Photo Credit: erinminusguidedogs.blogspot.com|
- Any list of frozen yogurt and ice cream in Chattanooga has to start with Clumpies Ice Cream. It opened in 1999 after the Northshore had made a steady recovery and gained traction with tourists throughout the 1990s. They make all the ice cream on the premises, in both familiar flavors and unique seasonal creations like Baileys Irish Cream. After ten years in business, Clumpies is a genuine institution beloved by visitors and locals alike, and its flavors can be found not only on the Northshore but at several restaurants throughout Chattanooga.
- Ben and Jerry's ice cream has long been Chattanooga's dessert spot, right across the street from the Tennessee Aquarium and next door to Mellow Mushroom. Perfect for families and everyone else who passes by, Ben and Jerry's offers all the favorite flavors both by the cone or cup and by the traditional pint.
- Cold Stone Creamery is another one of several downtown ice cream places that have opened to cater to the tourist crowd. Nothing is better in the summer heat than the coldest possible dessert treat, and Cold Stone custom roles their flavors on a frozen marble slab that creates a unique texture and temperature.
|The giant ice cream sign that presides over Mr. T's Pizza in St. Elmo|
- Top It Off Frozen Yogurt on Broad Street offers not only a great range of flavors and a convenient location, it also offers discounts for UTC students.
- Menchies is one of the coolest, newest national frozen yogurt franchises, and there is one in East Brainered on Gunbarrel road. For fall they offer pumpkin froyo, an irresistible seasonal offering.
- Also convenient to Hamilton Place Mall, Marble Slab Creamery offers a similar concept to Cold Stone but close to all the great shopping East Brainered has to offer. Like Ben and Jerry's and other upscale icecream joints, Marble Slab sells ice cream cakes in addition to cones and cups.
- The Baskin Robbins on East Brainerd Road has been a local hotspot for over fifteen years. They still have the classic thirty one flavors, and are one of the original American ice cream chains brining favorite flavors from coast to coast.