If you are in the market for an upscale home, there are several neighborhoods that are great places to start your search:
- Mountain Shadows is one of the first modern luxury home communities in Chattanooga, started in the 1970s in the East Brainered area before the Hamilton Place Mall commercial center truly boomed. It was a forward thinking place for such a development, as Mountain Shadows is today perfectly located near I-75, Hamilton Place, and the VW and Amazon plants, all while being just 10-15 minutes from downtown. Mountain Shadows not only has incredible homes, but also an active and involved residents' association and many community grounds, including a swimming pool, a clubhouse, tennis courts, a playground, and a basketball court.
- Council Fire is a great neighborhood built primarily during the 1990s centered around the Council Fire golf course and country club. The golf course has hosted numerous championship events and is very active. The neighborhood also features a pool, community cabana, and tennis courts as part of the country club. It is triangulated between East Ridge, East Brainered, and downtown, not far from the Georgia border, offering easy access to many different parts of town.
- The Enclave in North Chattanooga's Riverview area offers exceptional convenience, balancing the scale and comfort of many suburban luxury homes with the convenience of downtown living. It is equidistant between the North Shore and the Northgate Mall shopping area, balancing everyday needs with work and play. Its features include riverfront lots, a community pool and tennis courts, and spacious homes that average over 3,000 square feet.
- Several Signal Mountain neighborhoods boast well-appointed homes, many with unbeatable views and a sense of retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Forest Park, Brow Estates, and the Hamptons, are great places to look, but it really isn't hard at all to find luxury and custom built homes throughout Signal Mountain. Because the area has only recently started to really be built up, this is still a great place to look for homes that come with a lot of land, or with the amenities for an equestrian lifestyle.
- Fairyland on Lookout Mountain is one of the oldest and finest neighborhoods in Chattanooga, with beautifully restored historic mansions and new construction. Many homes offer spectacular views of the valley or of history battlegrounds and monuments from the Civil War. The place is steeped in history. It also has excellent schools and an advantage over many luxury neighborhoods, which is that it is very deeply established. The Fairyland Country Club is one of the most outstanding clubs in the city, beautifully decorated with a top-notch menu. It was built in the 1920s and has that feeling of Old Hollywood glamour. It's no surprise the Fairyland Club is such a popular spot for weddings and special events.
- Missionary Ridge is also unbeatable for history and the view. This is where Frank Lloyd Wright built one of his famous architectural masterpieces, the only one in Tennessee. While it is not a neighborhood per sea, and therefore doesn't have the same amenities as planned communities (like a country club, for example) it has unbeatable access to downtown and Hamilton Place mall, as it is situated perfectly between them. Many of the folks on Missionary Ridge have lived their for decades, and choose it because of its unique homes and sense of privacy and escape.