If there's one thing Chattanoogans love, it's shopping local. Year round, farmers markets flourish, small locally-owned boutiques have continued to do well even in the down economy, independent coffee shops outnumber Starbucks, and pop up businesses have been, well, popping up downtown. This love for all things local extends just as much to the holidays. Whether you are looking for the perfect gift while you're in town for Chattanoogan family members, are a recent transplant and want to show off your new city, or are a long time 'Noogan in search of the perfect gift, there's no better place to boost the local economy than Chattanooga.
- Looking for the perfect holiday card? Shadowbox Paperie in Warehouse Row is THE place to go for unique, handcrafted, and beautifully designed stationary. Whether you are looking to bulk order custom cards for the holidays, thank you's, weddings, or other invitations, or you just want beautiful pre-printed greetings, Shadowbox has it. They also have a selection of stationary-related gifts.
- Blue Skies of Chattanooga is another excellent place to find stationary for any occasion, and especially holiday cards that will definitely stand out. Some of our personal favorites are the Positively Green line of cards that Blue Skies and Shadowbox both carry. Blue Skies also has an absolutely amazing selection of jewelry, home goods, funky gifts, and more, in the vein of what you might find on the home section of ModCloth or throughout Etsy.
- Plum Nelly, right down the street from Blue Skies on Frazier Avenue, is a long time Chattanooga favorite. They are a perfect place to pick up holiday gifts and cards, with an excellent array of home goods (including beautiful handblown glass items), jewelry, accessories, wall art, and more.
- Genevieve Bond is a very popular store featuring clothes, accessories, baby items, home goods, gifts, and more. If anyone on your Christmas list is dying for Vera Bradley, Genevieve Bond is a great place to pick up her styles!
- Mia Cucina's URL says it all-- The Place For Cooks. This awesome store features anything your foodie friends and family might be dreaming of, including cooking classes, edibles, and kitchen tools.