|The Chattanooga National Cemetary|
- At 2PM at Chickamauga Battlefield the Chattanoogan reports that a "park ranger will lead a program titled, “The Enlisted Man in the Civil War – Where Do I Sign Up?” This program will focus on the enlisted man from both sides of the conflict: where they enlisted, for what reasons, why they left home, and the training they received to become a fighting soldier." Meet at the Chickamauga Battlefield Visitor Center.
- The Chattanoogan also notes that "Veterans Day will be celebrated as a fee-free weekend for all park visitors in honor of U.S. veterans and current members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This includes Point Park on Lookout Mountain. The fee-free period begins Saturday, Nov. 10, and runs through Monday, Nov. 12. For more information about programs at Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, contact the Chickamauga Battlefield Visitor Center at 706.866-9241, the Lookout Mountain Battlefield Visitor Center at 821-7786, or visit the park’s website atwww.nps.gov/chch."
- The Sequatchie Valley Honor Guard is raising money to buy a bus that will help them attend veteran funerals. According to WRCB, "the group travels a five county area, providing taps and gun salutes, even serving as pallbearers. Sometimes the guard officiates the services." Donations can be sent to Sequatchie Valley Honor Guard PO Box 78, Jasper, TN 37347, or you can contact Chris Reyes at (423) 304-0821 or John Jones at (423) 942-4035 for more information.
- Also keep in mind that you can sign up to volunteer or donate to VA hospitals on the Veterans Affairs Website.
- The Veterans of Foreign Wars organization also accepts donations to provide veteran services and advocacy.