Laundry seems like a basic chore that's fairly straight forward-- sort the clothes, put them in the wash, put them in the dryer. But with a little know how you can save on your energy bills and help your clothes last longer. Here are our top tips:
- Ever wondered what those funny symbols on your laundry tags mean? When you sort your clothes further than whites, colors, and dry clean only you can definitely make your clothes last longer. This handy guide will help you decipher the tags.
- Bras are hard to wash, expensive, and hard to find ones you really love. All that adds up to a big problem for many women. Follow these steps when you wash your bras and not only will you be saving money on lingerie, you'll be taking better care of what's in your bra, too!
- Laundry can account for up to 6% of your total energy usage. It might not sound like a lot, but depending on your utilities costs, it can add up. Use these 10 tips to lower your bill, and help the environment.
- Ever wonder what exactly you can get away with washing against the tag instructions? Or how to wash non clothing items? Real Simple has great suggestions for navigating all your home textiles.
- Setting up your laundry room can be a beat of space maximizing and clever organizing. Here are a few ideas to help you get set up right.