From Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise:
On March 12th, CNE helped launch a new national movement called Home Matters™, which aims to build public support for the essential role that Home plays as the bedrock for thriving lives, families, and a stronger nation. Home Matters is spearheaded by National NeighborWorks® Association – of which we are a member – along with a coast-to-coast coalition of housing and community development organizations, other nonprofits, companies, and the public at large.
As it expands, Home Matters will go beyond housing and illuminate the connections between stable housing and other important facets of American life such as:
I hope that you will visit the Home Matters website, share your insights, tell your colleagues and friends about the movement, and connect to it through Facebook and Twitter. It’s time for the crucial roles that Home plays to be more broadly understood.
- Individual Success: Home recharges adults and children alike for the day ahead.
- Education: Children in stable homes learn and achieve more in school.
- Health: Healthy habits take root more easily in stable affordable homes.
- Public Safety: Stable homes make communities safer.
- A Strong Economy: Homes that are affordable are crucial to a vibrant job-generating economy.