We've covered local holiday shopping once before, but there are simply more stores and Christmas Events than could fit into a post. Here are a few more recommendations for where you can get unique gifts and holiday decor:
- Merchants on Main takes Christmas very seriously. Around this time of year, they work hard to transform the store into a wintery fairy land full of Christmas decor and special items that make the holidays a little more festive. Their usual antiques and housewares are surrounded with wreaths and fake snow and plenty of ornaments. It's definitely one of the first places you should check out if you are looking to deck your halls.
- Tom Sawyer's Tree Company, Weaver Tree Company, and several others throughout the Chattanooga area let you pick your own Christmas tree and offer shaking and baling services.
- The Carousel Christmas Shoppe on Frazier Avenue is an old standby and has bee making Christmas merrier for years!
- Santa is appearing at Warehouse Row! If you live in Jefferson Heights that's just a quick electric shuttle ride away! Santa will be there Dec. 1, 8, 15 and 22 in Warehouse Row’s Building North from 11 a.m.-4 p.m., and pictures will be free to download from online.
- This year Chattanooga is combining the Holiday Starlight Parade followed by the Lighted Boat Parade on the River. According to the Chattnaoogan, "This holiday tradition has taken on a new twist this season, with the street parade being immediately followed by the popular Lighted Boat Parade, which will start at 7 p.m. and will be viewable from Ross’ Landing. In order to facilitate viewing for both parades, the Holiday Starlight (street) Parade has adjusted its route to be closer to the waterfront. It will now begin at 5th and Market Street, crossing in front of the Tennessee Aquarium on 2nd Street before taking a left on Broad Street and continuing south and disbanding at 5th & Broad. Parade-goers are encouraged to head afterwards to Ross’ Landing for the Lighted Boat Parade directly following the street parade."
- Humphreys Flowers, Joy's Flowers, The Daily Flower, and East Brainered Florist, are great picks for beautiful, unique holiday floral arrangements
- Knitting Mill Antiques is an amazing option to find something truly unique for Christmas gift giving